Issue in web in 9.1

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
I am expereincing an issue with few applications (custom and standard object). Bascially, if you have an application that takes some time and you get the busy page ( Gears). Once you get that, after somtime the application stop processing and it looks like its not processing any more. However, if you click on the open application, you will seee the application processed with the correct data. Without clicking the open applications, it still shows the original screen

Has any one seen this issue

Check if there are toolbars that have been added to the browser. The Google toolbar has caused us issues (like the one you described) with JDE in the past. If any toolbars exist, try to disable or uninstall them.

Thanks.. I a have tested it on mutlple machine and multiple browsers. Issue still exist. I checked the tool bar as well. Issue seems to be of some sort of post back
I get this warning in my jas log everytime this happens
[WARN][AS_JS_81][RUNTIME]HTMLClientHandler:doService: Abnormal error: Silent post request cannnot be processed due to busy status

Look at you http server logs, you should find some errors (time out?).

Let me know.

Regards.

Bruno Condemi

Bruno
This is the line that is generated in HTTP server at the same time nothing else

10.156.12.188 - - [20/Sep/2012:16:44:51 -0400] "POST /jde/E1VirtualClient.mafService?e1.state=maximized&e1.service=E1VirtualClient&RENDER_MAFLET=E1Menu&e1.namespace=&e1.mode=view HTTP/1.1" 200 -

Bruno,

I can do that.. However my feeling is that it might just be masking the actual issue..
My Current value is 30000000

Yes can be.
This is my situation:
In PD env we have the same issue with an high value of the parameter.
In DV env we don't have the issue with the standard value of the parameter, but I'm not sure there is a correlation.

From next week I'll change some http and jas settings to try to solve some issues (I have an http 500 error too).

I'll post my settings. Please do the same.

its E9.1 WAS7 on wintel PLatform using SQL

Does it happens to youon any application when you see Gears being shown

Just checked,
the use case is:
1) Add new sales order (or purchase, it's the same)
2) Copy and past about 400 rows to the grdi

The form disappears and I have an http 500 error. If I click on the open app link I can see the form with all the rows, and the ok action perform the transaction.

My busy page wait period is 300000.

Ok I found the issue.
On your was console:

1) Servers => Application servers => server_name => Process definition => Java Virtual Machine
Change the Initial and Maximum heap sizes to 1024

2) Servers => Application Servers => server_name => Thread Pool
Min and Max size = 50

3)Resources => JDBC => Data Sources => data_source_name => Connection pool properties

Timeout = 180, min connection = 10, max connection = 70.

I was missing this tuning on the production webserver. After apply this settings, in my case, the issue disappears.

Hopes this can help you too.

Regards

Hi Bruno
I tried this and it did not resolve the issue

1) Servers => Application servers => server_name => Process definition => Java Virtual Machine
Change the Initial and Maximum heap sizes to 1024 --DOne

2) Servers => Application Servers => server_name => Thread Pool
Min and Max size = 50-- I have quite a few thread which one I should change. I changed it for Default thread
3)Resources => JDBC => Data Sources => data_source_name => Connection pool properties -- I have few of them here.. I changed it for scope of my cell.

Bruno

One more question. After you made changes, are you still seeing gears or the gears don't show up any more

Hi,
no gears at all.

Just another hit.

From WAS console go to Servers => Application servers => server_name => Web Container Settings => Web container transport chains => HTTPQueueInboundDefault and HTTPQueueInboundDefaultSecure.

Make sure to have "Unlimited persistent requests per connection" flagged for HTTP_2 and HTTP_4 .

Let me know.

Hi Bruno,

If you are not seeing the gears, I think you might be masking the problem. It looks like the problem actually happens when there gears appears. By changing the setting you might be fine tuning the web server for better performance that might be helping with not seeing the gears. But the core problem is if the gears shows up, you will still have the issue. This is just my guess at this time

I think that WebSphere tuning solve the issue; I tested it in different webserver instacnes.

Please be sure that in your plugin.cfg (ex. under C:\IBM\HTTPServer\Plugins\config\webserver1) the ServerIOTimeout is like 600 or higer, NOT the default value of "60". This is the root for the gears.

Please let me know if you find this solution applicable in your case.

Best regards.

Bruno,

Oracle is opening a case with IBM to see whyis this issue coming. I think by fine tuning websphere and DB, we might be masking the problem. Oracle tech seems to agree. However they are not able to duplicate the issue at thier end to see whats goign on. I am trying to see if i can somehow create theissue in Pristineevnvironment withDemo data.

Bruno

Unfortunately no, Oracle simply gave up since they can't reproduce the error, they are not able to troubleshoot. They involved developer who suggested making changes to SQL and tuning SQL server etc. But I did not agree if its an sql issue. I think the issue really is on the webserver. Case is still open and I don't think Oracle is doing anything about it. Since all the application that we use are working, I am not sweating as much. But I can reproduce the error running P0901 and put *temp* in the description field.

Back