JDE EDI Module (*47*) and Transaction Server (RTE)

jdel6654

VIP Member
I am working for a manufacturer on a project to help integrate a 3rd-party logistics/warehouse company into our E1 9.0 system. I have worked with TS-RTE solutions in the past but not for EDI.

I am having a difficult time interpreting how system code 47 - JDE EDI relates to the JDE Transaction Server / RTE. Can anyone help explain? Is JDE EDI designed to function independently of TS-RTE? Or is there some interdependency between these technologies?

I am not an applications person so any help would be appreciated.

The EDI process consists of two batch programs. The first program selects records meeting specified criteria and populates EDI transaction files. A second job picks up the formatted records and performs the EDI transmission. These jobs are typically run on a frequent basis to process transactions in a timely manner.

You should be transmitting 940/945 transmissions directly your 3PL? Their System will receive and respond. That's pure EDI not RTE....?

Hi

Don't forget than the logic is not the same.

RTE is designed to dra direct interactions,EDI is made for Electronic Document. that's mean than EDI is made to extract Data and create a message (a flat file geneally) or to inetgrate this message into F47's table and then to JDE. With EDI, there's no direct interactions.
And one thing more, EDI is not made for real Real Time. ith Edi,you should have to take care of evolution of to system beetwen the message exchange.

I think you answered my questions.

It sounds like there isn't really an interdependency isnt any dependency between the system 47 and Transaction Server/RTE.

Right, there is no direct dependancy but you can made it by triggering edi by rte.
Not so easy but i made somethning like that in my early JDE year (XE or 3.4, don't remember precisely) to synchronise two jde systeme in two countries for the same client.

Back