Unable to connect to E1Local upon trying to start E90 fat client

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
This has previously been working fine. I have DV900 installed on a desktop. We use Oracle DB. The users access JDE through the web and that works fine. But on my developer desktop machine, just yesterday the pop up box with the error 'Unable to connect to E1local' started appearing. Answering OK just redisplays the error until I have to kill it through task manager.

I tried doing a reinstall of the full DV package but the error still occurs. I do have a laptop with DV900 fat client installed and it is still working fine.

I have searched the web and Oracle support site, and entered an SR for Oracle. But haven't found much to go on, so any help would be appreciated.

Note we are on E900 tools release 8.98.42 using Oracle DB.

Thanks

If this was not the first Package install ever and you did not deinstall the previous installations - both JDE & Oracle, it has likely destroyed the DB.

You will need to deinstall JDE Client, deinstall Oracle E1Local installation, delete any remaining folders (just the two, do not delete Oracle folder in the Program Files) and re-install them all both again from scratch (DB first, of course).

Jimmy,

Did you recently accept one of those M$ Updates?

There was a recent one that touched the Windows Firewall, you might want to temporarily disable the firewall, and re-test. It could be that the local port(s) are being blocked.

(db)

Hi - What all are the Pathcode you installed on E1 client box. if more than one. Please check the alert log for local db.

this will provide the details for which reason it crashed if this would crashed due to some .DBF file then make the respective pathcode active using snap shot and bounce the E1local db from services.msc and the try.

if the above will not work or your local db completly corrupted than scratch all the path code and reinstall everything from bottom including E1local db also.

thanks
Rajesh
JDE oPS

Thanks to all, what I've done at this point is to uninstall the DB Oracle E1Local, uninstall E1 DV900, then reinstall Oracle, then reinstall E1 DV900.

I should be happy now, but E1 does not allow me to sign in. When I try wih my user id / password on another laptop, it lets me sign in correctly. But on this machine, I get a pop window either says.

Cannot load environment DV900
Or
The specified role pair is invalid.

Looking at the jde.log I see though that it cannot connect to the oracle db. So at this point I'm at a loss as to where to go, though I have entered an SR with Oracle. I'm attaching the JDE.log.

Attachments

• 179217-jde_6096_091012.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 246
It looks like the TNS is not configured:
TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Check what you have in your ...\network\admin\tnsnames.ora file and if you have a few copies of this file on your computer, also check that all copies are consistent.

Seems like a connection issue with the oracle db's. Here are things that you could try -
1. Check the tnsnams. do a tnsping to E1local as well as your enterprise db.
2. Are you using a 64 bit OS? If so, make sure the path variable points to the 32 bit oracle client.
3. Try using the reconfiguremsde utility to re-encrypt your E1local passoword.
Pasting the jde.log contents here could be helpful.

Yes, thanks. TNSNAMES was the answer. I found in the JDE client install guide, the reference to copying the TNSNAMES file from the JDE Deployment server to the Oracle\E1local\network\admin location.

All is well now.

Thanks for your help.

Back