Load balancing BSSV server on Websphere

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
Hi All,

I am looking at BSSV server for interoperability. I was told by Oracle that BSSV server cannot be load balanced if running on WebSphere server. It can be load balanced or clustered if its on web-logic server. Is this a true statement. Has any one clustered BSSV server on WebSphere 7.0
We are upgrading to 9.1

I don't know why BSSV wouldn't be able to be load-balanced on websphere. They're two separate servers and the load balancing is done through an external load balancer.

Clustering IS possible on weblogic - and not on websphere, but I haven't done it and I don't know why you need to do clustering of BSSV except to send Oracle lots more money for the enterprise edition of WLS underneath it.

RTE has issues being load balanced active-active, (ie, with more than one RTE server up and running in the configuration) - since the RTE server "reads" a single set of tables, and two servers would step on each other.

Re: Load balancing BSSV server on Websphere *DELETED*

Post deleted by Ashwini

Hello Sir,

We have configured 2 RTE Servers and trying to configure 2 BSSV Servers using Deployment Manager,since the requirement is load balancing,tried if this can be achieved by clustering but stucks up somewhere...After that we found it read somewhere that BSSV and RTE cant be clustered..I am not sure if this is correct....the exact requirement is "Load Balancing RTE and BSSV Servers using F5 switches or clustering", whichever is the BEST. I am trying to find some more details about F5 switeches but not sure if I am heading in the right direction. Checked this site and thought may be i can atleast get some idea to understand the right path.

Please reply...
Thanks,

There are truths to this only in the standard sense of load balancing using websphere ND cell and node. If you use an external load balancer like and F5 or Citrix Netscaler it works just fine. I have succesfully load balanced three BSSV Servers running WebSphere 7 using an F5.

Back