Leading spaces in business unit

kread

I'm new to BI Publisher. I'm trying to trim the leading spaces from the business unit (MCU). In my UBE, I'm using the ltrim function. I ran it through debug and it's working correctly. When I look at the xml, the leading spaces are not there. When I link my document to my BI Publisher document in Word, the leading spaces are there.

I've checked the formatting to insure that I'm positioning the field at the top of the cell in my table. I've removed the field and re-linked it to make sure that there was no issue with the field connection. Is there a way to alter the format withing BI?

Thank you,
Kelly

Hi Kelly,

A couple thoughts. How is the field justified in your RTF template? If it is right justified this may be causing the issue. You could try to change the field to a number format as well, not sure if that would work.

Dave

Hi Dave,
I have it left justified in the RTF. Our business units are alpha so I can't make it numeric. In my UBE, I changed the report variable from 12 characters to 4 since that's the size of our business units. It looks ok in the output since I'm doing the ltrim.

Thanks,
Kelly

Glad it's working. You do have the option to do the trim in the RTF as well. e.g. <?xdoxslt:ltrim(‘ a ‘)?>

Dave,
If I do the ltrim in the RTF, do I key it into the field on my form in the format you listed or is there another place? I would just replace the ' a' in your example with my field name right?

Thanks,
Kelly

Dave,
I got the ltrim to work in the RTF. In the process, I found the BI developer's guide. Thanks for your help!

Kelly

Back