JMeter, Loadrunner or Rational Performance Tester with 9.1

Larry Williams

Is anyone using any of these (or other) 3rd party testing tools with JDE? I've been trying to get JMeter to work. I've gotten it to login but cannot get it to open an application. I've used the proxy functinality in JMeter to capture a session and have found that it does a post to /jde/RunApp.mafService with some parameters that include a timestamp in epoch format and RID. Not sure what the RID is but it looks ilke a randomly generated string. In any case, I'm not getting any errors when I replay the recorded script. But server manager does not show any applications open, so I don't think it's actually opening anything and the recorded timing also indicate that it's not really opening an app. I would like to hear from anyone that has gotten this to work with JMeter or any other testing tool besides OATS. OATS uses a JDE Openscript API to open apps and that's not availble to 3rd party testing solutions. Thanks for any reply!

Now you opened a can of worms!
smile.gif

Well the real issue is the correlations - E1 has 4 levels of session IDs and other correlations nested in the DOM. So the key is to find them and capture at run time, otherwise the session will fail. As to actually running an E1 app, that is a simple javascript call of RunE1App or RunE1Batch like this:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> javascript:runE1App('P42101','W42101C','ZJDE0001'); </pre><hr />

Larry, your CIO did a HUGE favor for me being a reference customer, so please email me at [email protected] or call 866.426.6701 ext 710 and I will give you lots of guidance. JMeter may be a rough and raw effort, but it will work.
Oh, and I am on vacation next week, so I will get back to you right after labor day!

Back