Fastpath command to sign out

Zachary Schulz

Tried searching the forums but the keywords fastpath and signout are used everywhere.
Anyways just wondering if there is a Fastpath command to sign out of the JDE web. We are on 9.0 E1, and 8.98 tools

[ QUOTE ]
Tried searching the forums but the keywords fastpath and signout are used everywhere.
Anyways just wondering if there is a Fastpath command to sign out of the JDE web. We are on 9.0 E1, and 8.98 tools

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious why you would need to use Fast Path when the link to "Sign Out" is in the upper right corner of the web page.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I got curious and figured out how to do this:

1- Create a Solution Explorer Task with an executable of the 'URL' type. In the URL field enter the link address from the web client that shows when you right-click the "Sign Out" link in the web client and select "Copy Shortcut" or something similar. The URL will look something like this <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> http://e1dv/jde/MafletClose.mafServ...enu&e1.service=MafletClose&e1.state=maximized </pre><hr />

2- Add this Task to some Task View. You will not be able to Fast Path to a Task that is not on a Task View. Hide it using Menu filtering or something.

3- Add an entry to the H90/FP UDC table that references the Task number. Be creative and call it something like "LOGOUT".

4- Profit!

The execution is kind of ugly as it seems to open another IE window that shows a login screen while the original screen sits as it was before but you are definitely signed out.

Note: You will want to make sure the URL you copy is from the correct environment.

I still wanna know why he wants a fast path rather than click on the logout icon.
Maybe its a hand-held scanner running IE on a small screen? Barcode the fastpath command?

Quick! Patent or copyright it, ASAP! Its almost morning in Australia.

;-)

Weird I did respond to the second post.
Anyways my question context was that i was recording a script to do a load test, and for some reason the script was leaving E1 zombie instances.

In the end it wasn't the login, it was the forms not closing stopping the log off from occuring. I though originally it was not recording the signoff properly hence the fastpath question.

The solution was to remove from the recording any reference to the unique identifier of the instance I recorded, since when we did a load test each test would of had a different instance, and not closed the form properly.

Back