BSSV Training

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
Hey Guys

Do you know of any vendor who might be offering good training on BSSV from installation, configuration and Development stand point

Hi John
Seems like oracle only have a self study guide. We need training on both J developer part, actual installation and configuration of the server part

You might touch basis with Andy Klee at JDETips / ERPTips. Andy might have someone on/off staff that can represent the BSSV Training aspect.

Otherwise, a good situation is to bring in a very experienced BSSV Developer and have them do the OTJ as they train your staff.

(db)

Are you sure you need this kind of training?

BSSV Server is nothing more then a standard JAX-WS deployed on a standard JEE Application Server.
The installation guide is available and you 'll find some doc's about specific issue.

The development work is all about java and JDE specific java api (with the help of Jdeveloper wizard). There are many BSSV available for reference (look at the sales order bssv for example).

The development environment (Jdeveloper), for the bssv development purpose, is trivial.

So if you and your team are skilled Java there is no need for training.

If is java the missing part is better to have a clear understand of the java language(coding) and framework (libraries).

Regards.

Bruno Condemi

Edit to previous post: I did receive links to all the recorded training sessions and replacement recordings for the days when there were technical difficulties.

I recently completed a training course with Ephlux, and the experience was mixed. The instructor seemed knowledgeable and teaches "Best practice" per Oracle. I picked up some good tips. They sell you on the feature of having access to recordings of your video training sessions. However, I only received a link to half of the sessions, and some of the recordings I received links for have proven useless as the screen sharing during the recordings stopped working. I've tried numerous times to contact Ephlux to address the issues, but no one has responded. So, buyer beware.

Last edited:
Ephlux

We recently did training with Ephlux and to me it was helpful start. I am relatively new to Java and it was a lot of good tips, technical issues were resolved, recordings are available. In my opinion a good option to start, especially if you don't have a lot experience with Java...

Back