Custom Font not printing on Ent Server docs

JMast

Reputable Poster
All,

We are upgrading to 9.1. In 8.0 we have a custom font created that displays the company logo. We have used it in RDA on several documents.

We do not have the time, mostly for lack of experience, to use BI Publisher inside the project scope. When I run a document local on the fat client it works, but the Enterprise server does not. I have installed the font on the server. The font works great on the server using Word Pad. In other words, I can open Word Pad on the console, type text using the font and it works correctly. Is there another change I need to make for the font to work when processed through JDE?

Thank you for your help,

Jer

Has the font file been put in the /E910SYS/RESOURCE/truetype directory of the Enterprise server? That's were JDE grabs its custom fonts from.

Thanks for the reply. I had not known that. I copied it into that directory, but it still did not work. Do I need to stop and start JDE services or any other step to have JDE see it?

Jer

Thanks for the reply. I should have done that this weekend. I did a full package build hoping that would pick it up, but it didn't. I will restart tonight.

Jer

In 8.0, not all fonts had to be embedded in the PDF, but in 8.9 and later, all fonts must be embeddable for JDE to use them; Adobe requires ttfs used in Unicode mode to be embedded.

If your font has right restrictions marking it as non-embeddable, it will not be used by JDE.

Since it sounds like this is a custom font you own and commissioned, you should be able to change that without violating anyone's intellectual property. A utility that can make a font embeddable is here:

http://carnage-melon.tom7.org/embed/

John,

Thanks for the info on embedding. There is such a large jump in some areas from 8.0 to 9.1, so all these pieces of information are very useful.

It turned out that our font was not restricted at all and restarting the server allowed JDE to pick it up, so we are good.

Jer

Back