Biztalk2010 and JD Edwards 9.1

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
Has anybody got this combination working. I am having issues connecting to E1 using BIZtalk E1 adapter.

Hi We are trying to work on biztalk2010 and use its adapter( JDE ) to call BSFN in E1 in 9.1
Seems like this not working on 9.1. MS is saying they have not released the support for 9.1. I was wondering if someone has a workaround for this

Jaise,

Biztalk 2010 should have REST support, I think. If true, then you can look at our EveREST2JDE - it does support E91, plus it's generally faster than the Transaction Server (and easier to install ;-).

Jaise,

Did you have previous combinations working at all or is this your first foray into the Biztalk adapter with JDE? We currently use Biztalk 2006 R2 with our 8.12 installation, without issue, but setting it up was a bit tricky.

Hello Mark,

Yes, we have been using BizTalk with release 8.10 since 2006 successfully. Since we have enough in-house expertise in this, we would like to continue with this model

Just found out MS does not provide support for 9.1 currently. This is not even planned yet in their product line. They have support only upto 9.0 with BizTalk 2010

Hi Jaise,

Thanks for the heads up. We are currently assessing our options for the next EnterpriseOne and Biztalk upgrades, so this will certainly need to be taken into account.

As you suggest, the MS support document for the Biztalk 2010 adapter indicates support for Tools Release 8.93 - 8.98 and App 8.10 - 9.0.

Cheers,

Jaise,

Sure! There are more details on this product's WEB page, but basically it's an ISAPI plugin for MS IIS. And the exposed interface is REST, not SOAP. You would just need to have some IIS server installed somewhere (even on a VM, it can be any Windows from v. 2000 up, even a Workstation) to have this solution deployed to. It needs no JDE client. And it runs everything on the Enterprise Server. Depending on the infrastructure, the per-call overhead can be as low as 2 milliseconds - about two orders of magnitude less than BSSV.

Back