Email UBE outputs using BI Publisher

Rapunzel

Hi JDEppls,
This is goign to be a first of kind of BI reporting for me. My client would require to email their remittance advice.
They have one document they want to use, only one format of that document and all are to be emailed.
There is no printing or faxing of remittances.

I read through the documents for cretaing a template, designng using template builder etc. But would like to know, how can i capture the email address from the UBE output.
I can see the data driven E-mail option in P95620, but can anyone please help me how can i use this?

I have used the 3rd party reporting tools which will use the variable name to capture the details, but not sure with BI.
any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Hi,

please see page 25 of the attachment for an explanation of the bursting parameters.

If using data driven output, you can define distribution lists in P02150.

Best Regards

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply. I am more concerned on delivering on individual emails rather than distribution list.
For example :
Say JDE invoice output for 5 differnt customers and each invoice has an email address of the customer.
Invoice 1 - [email protected]
Invoice 2 - [email protected]
|
|
Invoice 5 - [email protected]
How can i send the invoice to the different customers taking teh email from the ouput?

In Create!Form, we can use the JDE ouput vaiable(which holds the email address) and use it in Create!Director as "TO:" to routed it.

Any help in BIP space would be appreciated.

Well, I havn't done that before, but you may give it a shot. According to Oracle Solution ID 659178.1 this should be possible (see excerpt below):

The level break section can contain an email recepient in one of the following formats:

1. An SMTP e-mail address (a string with no domain at the end of it is a valid RFC822 e-mail address)
2. An SMTP distribution list (this is an alias expanded into a list by the SMTP server)
3. Address book number (NOT an EnterpriseOne user name1) (Dist list or a user) which in turns gets turned into a valid email address(es) by way of a standard jde lookup service (jdeResolveRecipient()). This can be an email address or a SMTP dist list.

Thanks Michael but sadly its a bug and reported to Oracle.
===========================================================
E1: XMLP: Defining More than One BI Publisher Delivery Option [ID 762040.1]

Goal
By selecting the BI Publisher delivery options for both "Printer" and "Data-Driven Email", can a report with bursting be sent to an email if there is a valid email address in the report tag field and if the email field is blank, to have this report be printed to the printer instead?
Fix
Currently, defining more than one delivery types is possible and will work with Embedded BI Publisher.
If bursting is defined and both "Data-Driven Email" and "Printer" delivery options selected for example, then the bursted output will be emailed to the 'resolved' email address and sent to the printer as well.
However, there is no such functionality available that if the Email address is not specified, the output would then be redirected to the printer. Both delivery options are mutually exclusive and independent. Thus, if both "Data-Driven Email" and "Printer" delivery options is selected, then the bursted output will be printed as well as emailed together if email address is present.
Enhancement bug 10993304 has been raised to request that the BI Publisher Burst/Delivery Screen to have the option to print immediate to the printer if e-mail address cannot be resolved when bursting

I came across this thread while looking for an answer to a problem you might not have thought about.
we email all our remittance advices (all of our suppliers have email addresses) but the problem is that the emails are sent when the payment group is written - not when it is updated.
This means that if the payment group is incorrect and needs amending the remittence advices have already been sent and if the group is the re-written the remmitence advices are sent again.
With printed sdvices this isn't a problem - but with email, if a payment is pulled at the last minute or, as in our case, there was a problem with not all payments being written to the BACS file so we undid it and re-did it, multipe emails are sent and they do not necesarily match what is updated.
what we would like is a way of delaying the sending of the emails until the payment group is actually updated and we know it's correct but I can't find a way of doing this - which is why I was looking here.

Good luck.

How are you handling name of RD output attachment name in email?

Thanks
Chaitanya

We have been using BI Publisher to send emails. For name of the attachment it should be defined by the name of Report Definition in P95620. For example if the report definition = R554211F, language is EN, the attachment is R554211F_EN.xls. So you have the flexibility to define your attachment names.

Harry,

If you think thats flexible I have a bridge in New York I would love to sell to you cheap.

Hi, We are facing an issue with emailing remittance advices wherein if a supplier has more than one page of remittance advice (when no of invoices getting paid in the pay run > 30), no of emails triggered = no of pages of remittance advice. So If you are paying 70 invoices for a supplier in a pay run, supplier will get three emails – with page 1 (30 invoices), 2 (30 invoices) and 3 (10 invoices) respectively; rather than getting ONE email with a 3 page PDF.

Back