bv and wsj not authorized from fast path

JMast

Reputable Poster
All,

We are in the process of moving to 9.1. I have an issue with a few power users that have access to fast path. They cannot run bv or wsj. They get the 'You do not have permission to access this application' error box.

They can run iv and aai. They also can run Submitted Jobs from the menu.

I don't have any object security on P98035 apps or on the P986110B.

Do you have any ideas for me to look at that may be affecting this situation?

Thank you for your time,

Jer

Do you have a closed door security model ? For the web Batch versions you need P98305W to be open. Is it only the fast path launch that gives them the error or also when launching a menu item that is set to prompt for versions ?

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly, no we are open door over my strong objections. We don't use prompt for versions, but that is a great test. I set up a report to prompt and tested it. It worked perfectly. So, it is only on fastpath we have an issue.

Is there any sort of system level security that would come into play? I can't list them all here, but things like user security, object security, omw, ocm,.... all the sysadmin stuff you normally lock down that could be somehow affecting the call that fastpath makes to run the wsj and bv?

Jer

Have them run P98305W from the fast path instead then and see if that works (Only on the web of course)

Also for the current environment check the fast path
UDC - H90 |FP , and check the value for BV , on my 9.0 system I see it as APP:p98305|ZJDE0001 , but when I run BV from the fast path on the web it does launch P98305W (I guess the web foundation is coded to launch P98305W instead)

Lastly , on a FAT client are you able to launch BV..?

E1: SEC: Permission Error When Attempting to Access an Application from Fast Path ID 663104.1

Cause
The error occurs because of the following :

Solution Explorer Security for the User/Role is defined with Menu Design set to View.
The Task View 91 - EnterpriseOne Menus is defined as a "Secured Task View".
The Fast Path entries are attempting to call applications defined under the EnterpriseOne Menu task view.

In Solution Explorer security, when the User has View security for Menu Design, any secured task view is not visible to the user. If the EnterpriseOne Menus task view is defined as a secured task view, any Fast Path command calling a task that is defined under the Secured EnterpriseOne Menus task view e.g. UDC (12/GH9011), G01 generates the permission error because the user is secured from viewing the EnterpriseOne Menus task view.

For more information about solution suggestions, Check Knowledge Doc

If you haven't want enable as oracle knowledge solution suggestions, you can use submit jobs and view jobs status down to Actions Menu.

Thanks for the responses. That probably is our situation since I do want the EnterpriseOne menus locked down so they only have our task view. I hadn't thought of that because, feel free to wince, I believe we have many "G" menus and tasks built into our custom views. We have had a variety of experience and diligence over the years in constructing our menus. I would have expected someone to get errors on running those other "G" tasks. However, I will do teating on that next week and post back results.

Thanks again,

Jer

Back