JAS Generation with 9.1

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
All,

I am having a wierd issue and wanted to see if someone has a solution.

With 9.1 , I believe I don't have to JAS generation as it should auto generate objects when requested. I can always do Manual JAS generation in order to speed the process.

1. I did Full jas generation. However, I keep finding objects that did not generate. I can then regenerate them one at a time and it works. Why would it not generate all the objects with full generation. Does it determine what needs to be generated based on genapp.ini or some other mechanism.

If it does not find an object, shouldn't it auto generate. This is not happening. I am getting the error use later generator to generate the object.

This is happening with both standard objects and custom object.

I am doing an upgrade from 8.10 to 9.1 on wintel platform with IBM webspehre 7

Any suggestion or solution would be very helpful

Don't take this harshly but don't waste your time troubleshooting an obsolete process. The only time you notice a real slow down on the auto gen process would be the first time you access a larger interactive program, such as P42101 or something simaliar. Smaller, less complex apps will auto generate very fast the first time accessed. Once the system generates the serialized objects for the object it won't do it again unless the object is included in an update package or a full package is deployed.

Hi There,

I am aware of the new process. Our people are little finky about things being slow. Hence, I am trying to generate allthe objects. However, it looks like the Jas genration process is with broke or something else is going on. When I do a full generation, its nto genrating all the objects. I would assume it should generate object it's not finding. However that's not happening. I am justing if Autogenerate and Manual generation are conflicting with each other

I'm going to have to disagree with you, junior.

JAS generation has come a long way with automatic generation. However, it is still slow. Pre-gen'd specs are noticeably quicker than with automatically gen'd specs. Like many other things, a lot depends on tuning and platform architecture. I doubt JDE would still document how to do it with JAS 9.1 if they didn't agree.

Check the MTR for WebSphere? I have the similiar issue with and older version of WebSphere until I patched it.

Back