ERP8, XE Alternate browser on SP24

KENNEY

Well Known Member
We recently upgraded our ERP8 server to SP24.1.5, I am aware that browser support for this release is exclusive to IE.

However in the past users have accessed the system using other browsers such as Firefox and Safari with the understanding that some features such as the export to excel tool would be lacking, these users are mainly inquiry only users.

Unfortunately we have serveral MAC users out there and since installing SP24 any alternate browsers are pretty much non-operational.

My question is ,are there any XE SP24 sites out there with users accessing the system with alternate browsers, perhaps there is a setting we are missing.

Hi Michael,

Have you tried playing around with dirty tricks like user agent strings? From my understanding these strings identify to the web site they are visiting the browser they are. You may be able to take some of those alternative browsers and get them to comply or behave like IE. Your mileage may vary.

Another slightly saner option would be to abstract the application from the client operating system by publishing it via Citrix or Terminal services as that is another (but potentially costly) option. If you have the money and your clients vary including Mac's, that's what I would consider.

Good Luck

Malcolm

Back