9.1 Standalone Oracle Home already exists error

tylers1

I'm attempting to install Standalone 9.1 After installing the 32 bit runtime, then running EnterpriseOne Database Engine from the Install Manager. Install fails with the message in the logs below - any hints on how to correct and proceed? c:\Oracle\E1Local did not exist when I started the process.

Thanks for any help!

INFO: Setting up install inventory
SEVERE: OUI-10197:Unable to create a new Oracle Home at c:\Oracle\E1Local. Oracle Home already exists at this location. Select another location.
INFO: User Selected: Yes/OK

java.io.IOException: OUI-10197:Unable to create a new Oracle Home at c:\Oracle\E1Local. Oracle Home already exists at this location. Select another location.

Thanks to everyone who looks this over. Issue resolved.

VMware is the way to go...

I am getting the same error. What was the resolution since it was not posted? :)

Been at this for a couple days now. I had this installed fine with 9104 but 9144 corrupted something

Joe Tirado
Senior CNC

I figured it out. I guess after 2 and half days..should I post it? ;-p

It was an entry in the REGISTRY under Session Manager - Environment--had to remove the c:\Oracle\E1Local entry there.

Wow...
laugh.gif

Hi, May i know how did you resolved the "Oracle home existed" issue?

I tried to remove all the oracle home from Registry and Environment variables but it's still showing the same error message.

Back