How does Role relate to what Menu options a user has.

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
This may be a simple question for some, but I'm an experienced E1 developer but not much CNC knowledge. I've been asked to see if only the correct users has access to the journal entry program. The way it seems to be set up here is there are roles defined, such as APMAINT, or APINQ. Users then have these roles assigned to them.

My question is how do I find what menu options, etc, that a particular role, say APMAINT, has access to. We are running EnterpriseOne 9.0. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Jimmymac

This can be achieved by using the data from role relationships, along with security workbench, tasks, task relationships and fine cut.

The tasks, task relationships and fine cut setup is complex and can be tricky to get right, I would therefore recommend contacting AllOut Security who can provide easy to use applications and reporting that already does this.

Hope this helps
Aidy

Some things to check:

In Object Management Workbench:

Click on Menu Filtering on Tool Bar
On the Toolbar, click the down arrow to the right of Views and choose the menu to look at.
At the top level, right click and choose View by Role.
Choose the Role.
Menu options will be highlighted with a green check mark or red circle indicating access.

Next check Security Workbench:

Tools/System Administration Tools/Security Maintenance/Security Workbench

Put in P0911 in the Object Name see if any records come up.

Back