Unread/Read indicators in the Private box

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Eric, Support

If my memory serves me well there were some indicators in the first column of the Private message panel to indicate the status of the Private messages as Read/Unread/Replied (maybe Blank/N/R letters were), am I right?
Currently I do not see them.
NOTICE: I used the Forum with Hungarian language setting! (maybe does it work with USA English setting?)

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Hi Eric, Support

Yes, my memory served me well, I just read in the help of Private Messages:
======================================================================
The Status Codes
To the left hand side of each message shown on your 'Home' page you will see a one letter code. These stand for:
N - A new message.
R - You have replied to the message.
No Code - You have read the message but you have not replied.
======================================================================

Without this status flag hard to identify the un-readed new messages, mainly when more than one exist at the same time.

Not a serious problem but will be very appreciated if you put back these status codes onto the Private Message panel.

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán

Eric & Support,

I changed my language setting to English (US flag) and checked my Private posts and noticed that the status flags of the private messages appear in the first column /w3timages/icons/smile.gif but changing back the language to Hungarian they don't appear again /w3timages/icons/sick.gif

Maybe not too hard to find and fix this little bug. I would greatly appreciate it /w3timages/icons/king.gif

Zoltán
P.S.: As I reported previously, some icon is not available when making post on the General board with Hungarian language setting but they are available using English language setting.

<blockquote><hr>I changed my language setting to English (US flag) and checked my Private posts and noticed that the status flags of the private messages appear in the first column but changing back the language to Hungarian they don't appear again
<hr></blockquote>
I'll try to work it in Zoltan. Thanks.

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Eric,

Thanks for the fixes.
Now both, the flags in the first column on the Private Messsage List appear and all tags are available when making post on the General board using Hungarian language setting.

Just a minor problem occurs /w3timages/icons/smile.gif, all texts are English now using Hungarian language, just the Hungarian natonality flag appear on the Who's Online. Never mind, I like better to use the Forum with English language, I set the language to Hungarian only for our nationality flag.

Regards,
Zoltán

Hi Eric, Support

I just would like to inform you that this issue returned when I use Hungarian language setting.

Please, see the details in the thread.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back