Page number

ybuffetaud

ybuffetaud

Hello I've got a problem with my template.
I want to show page X of Y in my section.
In this section the last page is terms and conditions and this page shouldn't count in the number.
So if I have an order with 3 pages, I'll have 4 pages and I want to see Page 1/3 =Page 3/3....
With WORD page number I could only see page 1/4 and so on.
Do you know a way?
I don't know the real syntax withion BIP for page-number-citation.
Could you have a look at my template?

Attachments

• 176236-Bon de commande d\'achat.zip
    811.6 KB · Views: 104
I don't quite know why this works, but if you go to the section where your terms and conditions are (ie: after the section break) and then select 'Format Page Numbers...' from the Insert ribbon, Page Number menu. Change the Start Page Number for this section to zero. The Word page numbering will now ignore the T&C page in the totals. See attached.

I'm assuming that you're not printing duplex. If you are, then the normal solution is to print the T&Cs on the back of every page, and use <?section:xdofo:blank-on;'even-skip-page-count'?> to ignore the even page in the totals. Wasteful of paper, I know.

If you didn't want to do this, and still wanted duplex, then you could try messing around with <?section:force-page-count;'end-on-even'?> or <?section:force-page-count;'end-on-odd'?>. The only solution that I can think using this is to force the first section to print an odd number of pages, and then your T&Cs will print on the back of the last page. But then this messes up your page count again.

Failing this, then you might have to resort to doing your own page counting, using the Tim Dexter's solution to control what prints on each page:

https://blogs.oracle.com/xmlpublisher/entry/anatomy_of_a_template_i_fixed

Back