Multiple text media objects aren't appearing in XML output

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
Multiple text media objects aren\'t appearing in XML output

We're just starting to play around with BI Publisher. Our PO Print (R43500 - customized) has the ability to display item notes, PO line attachments and print message text attachments for each line on the PO. These fields display correctly on the PDF output of just the UBE. If we generate the XML file from this report, only some of the text media objects are being included.

Has anyone else seen this, or do you have any idea why it would be acting like this?

Thank you,

Large text media objects aren\'t appearing in XML output

I have an update on this issue. It appears that larger text media objects (say, those over 2 or 3 lines long) are the ones not appearing in the XML output. Has anyone else run into this? Is there a setting we need to adjust to allow for larger text attachments to show up in the XML output?

Re: Large text media objects aren\'t appearing in XML output

In looking at the jde.log file, there are messages in that file stating that the attachment exceeded at 1001 character maximum length. Below are the messages I'm getting:

4768/1008 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Mon Apr 02 11:50:21.545000 ubexmlutils.cpp2322
Error: xmlTree_TextAdd Text is longer than max len 1001
[
]

4768/1008 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Mon Apr 02 11:50:21.545001 ubexmlutils.cpp489
Error: ubeXMLtreeAddTextnode error adding textnode value (number 66) to hash table

Any ideas where this max len of 1001 would be defined?

Thanks

My guess is that the 1001 characters (probably 1000 chars + 1 character for the C string null terminator) is defined in the header file for ubexmlutils.cpp or a related file. Unfortunately this is probably a hard-coded tools/runtime limit. It probably applies to any field > 1000 chars and not just text attachments.

I just heard back from the Oracle support rep that is working on this issue with me.

He stated "Development informed that this is working as designed to improve the performance. If the text is too large that will increase the xml file size. They know where to change this limit but the question is what should be the number as we do not know the text length. Development is working on this to figure out is there any better option than increasing the limit. I will keep you posted with any updates."

So if anyone else is using BI Publisher, beware of this object size limit -- and this is with the newest tools release, 9.1.0.2. If this is an issue for you, please contact Oracle support and let them know. Otherwise, upgrading to TR 9.1.0.2 could be painful!

Thank you,

Thanks Don for update

I just got a POC fix from Oracle support, which appears to have fixed the issue with large text media objects. Note that this fix is for Windows servers running TR 9.1.0.2 only. I'm waiting to hear from Oracle support as to what the new maximum length is they set.

Final update: I also requested and received the POC fix for my Windows development client (which consisted of a single dll file). According to the support rep, the POC fix removes any text field size limit, so the only limit is the amount of memory on the computer processing the BI Publisher document.

Thanks for sharing your issue. I'm working with a client with the same/similar issue with the Purchase Order Print. When have multiple lines with media objects attached. The RAW PDF from jde, prints all the media objects. However, when we run the version set to BIP, the XML that is generated does not contain all of the Media Objects for each line. We are going to test the 1,000 characters to see if that is the issue, as most of our text attachment are lengthy.

Hi DSauve,

Thanks for sharing the details about this issue, however i wanted to know the details of the fix as we are also having custom PO Print with huge size media object Print.

Thanks in Advance!
Magesh
Enterprise One 9.1.2
Windows 7 64-Bit

Back