Createform users upgrading to Transform

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
We are looking at down the road possibly upgrading to JDE Toolset 9.1. When we go to this release we are wondering what we will have to do with our Create!form software. We are currently using Create!form 3.x version and Create!form 6.x versions.

I would like to know what other experiences other people out there had when they went from Createform to CTIS with Transform (Create!form 7) in ERP Enterprise One.

We were told that we need to go to the following:

Bottomline informed us that you must go to CTIS with Transform in order to be compatible with JDE Toolset upgrade 9.1. CTIS with Transform is also known as Compatibility Mode or Create!form version 7.

We would also need to convert all our projects to this new version and we would not be able to do it ourselves. We would have to pay for labour to have someone help us with the conversion from Litco.

Would like to get in touch with people who have gone to
1) CTIS with Transform from Createform
OR
2) Transform Designer and rewrote all their Create!form projects from CTIS with Transform to Transform Designer.

Cathy,

Your best bet is make the jump to Full Transform 4.3
- There is no upgrade path from Cform to Tform
- Your Create!form / Director (or Stream) projects will have to be recreated in Transform.
- CTIS is merely a 'patch' to using Transform
- Full Transform is the best Long Term Solution, and is very scalable.
- Its not as much work as you might think.
- I've done 4 very large Transform implementations, its worth the effort.

I've been Implementing Create!form for over 17 years. (JDE World, One World, E1, etc.)
- As well as Create!form to Transform implementations.

One thing is for sure:
- Go straight to Transform, otherwise, your just applying a 'Band-aid'

JDE Toosl 9.1 will not work with Create!form (as your aware).
- It's also problematic with CTIS (Cform 7 with Transform).

You will eventually have to make this jump anyway
- or go to BI Publisher

Be careful with BI, do your homework:
- It is gaining popularity but has severe limitations
- high volume processing
- Large PDF file sizes
- Business Logic, ease of use
- Load Balancing, Failover, Clustering, etc.
- Graphic limitations

Hope this helps

Regards,
Mark Horton

My boss and Finance wants me to find out all the gotta's, $$$ costs and what the difference is with CITS Transform and Transform Developer.

Am trying to find out the following:
1) Do we really need to convert to CITS Transform from Createform 3.x and Createform 6.x if we go to JDE Tools release 9.1?

2) What problems did people have when they converted from Createform 3.x and Createform 6.x to CITS Transform?

3) Why do we have to pay someone to do our our migration; why can we not do the work all ourselves?

4) Can we take the CITS Transform products and just bring them into Transform Designer without rewriting from scratch?

5) What does the new CITS Transform give us over the prior Createform Versions (3.x and 6.x) did not give us?

6) What does Transform Designer give us over CITS Transform?

7) What issues did people encounter with CITS Transform? I have heard of a problem with large spool file sizes not processing properly. We have quite a few very large spooled files that were not processing properly when we first went live with Createform 6.x. We worked with Bottomline and the technical group for a month many years ago to resolve the problem. Bottomline had to apply a patch to Createform 6.x to resolve the problem.

8) If we have to rewrite all our projects then we are paying lots of money to convert and then dump these projects - why bother converting?

9) We have quite a few projects that are not ERP E1 projects because we use Createform for the majority of our forms design and letters emailed from outside of JDE. Why do we have to convert all these 3rd party projects when these 3rd party applications are not changing at all? They are working just fine but now an upgrade to ERP E1 JDE Toolset 9.1 is forcing our hand to convert all these projects. This does not sit well with anyone.

10) Is Create!Stream Bind, and Folder Monitor still there in CITS Transform or Transform Designer? Need some form of these products to still exist for my 3rd party projects. Some of our reports come directly from Crystal into Folder Monitor. We make heavy use of Create!Steam bind for both 3.x and 6.x.

11) Is Create!Transform still there? We are in the process of designing a continuous feed thermal paper Createform project with individual line feeds to a special cash tape printer. Without this Create!Transform piece we cannot go live! Need this for a 3rd party project to print Student Cash Reciepts.

So this is the type of information I want to hear.

We have many projects in Createform that are not part of our ERP E1 software. We have many other 3rd party applications that also use Createform across our company so we would have a need to convert all these projects when these applications are not changing.

Cathy,

Your questions are beyond the scope of this forum.

This is detailed information a consultant would provide.

If you'd like detailed help on these topics, let me know.

Mark

We are looking to upgrade JDE to the new tools release 9.1 and it seems we have to upgrade Create1Form to version 7.0.30 and use it in integration with CTIS (compatibility mode), are there any known limitations/issues with using Create!form with CTIS in compatibility mode ?

Back