Upgrade of Create!Form from 3 to 6

Rapunzel

Hi JDEppls,
My client is in the process of upgrading their Create!Form from version 3 to 6. I would appreciate if someone could let me know, how can the existing Create!Form project in v3 be upgraded to the v6.

It's not advised to upgrade from Cform v3 to Cform v6 for JDE EnterpriseOne PDF output. Support for JDE PDF input files was added to Cform6 but it never worked correctly so everyone was advised to just stay with Cform3.

If you are talking about upgrading from Create!stream v3 to Create!form v6 that's a different thing. Cform v6 is the correct upgrade from Cstream3.

Why is does your client want to upgrade from Cform3 to Cform6?

Karen.

You dont actually upgrade 3.x to 6.x

Here are the modules that work together & the upgrade paths (from top to bottom):

Cform 3.x - JDE PDF designer & merge engine
Cstream 2.x & 3.x - Script tool to route jobs to either print, fax, email, archive, etc

Cform 3.x - JDE PDF designer & merge engine
Cform 6.x (replaces Cstream) - Script tool to route jobs to either print, fax, email, archive, etc

Cform 7.x - JDE PDF designer and Script tool all in one
This is the module that would upgrade 3.x JDE forms into 7.x JDE forms
It also replaces Cstream and Cform 6.x

Thanks for your replies.
The upgrade is to Cform7 now. They currently have Cform_Stream that is running on CStream6 but this is used as a queue to distribute PDFs to the correct Cform printers.
Also can you know if Cform3 be installed and run from Windows 2008 R2 SP1?

Thanks in advance

There is no Cstream6
(But you may be running Cstream3 along with Cform6)

Regardless:

Cform 3 cannot be used on Win 2008

You will have to upgrade your entire Cform3 and Cstream3 environment to Cform7

There is an option in Cform7 to import legacy Cform3 projects and, Cstream3 Scripts and Cform6 Director Projects.
- Read the Cform7 manual, it outlines this

Works pretty well, but you'll likely have to make manual changes as there are big differences between versions.

Mark

Thank you so much for your replies. I have passed these details and will update as soon as i know.
Thanks again.

Back