Questions Regarding Insight Reporting Software with JDE EnterpriseOne

Ejh907

To start with, I apologize for anything I may end up flubbing, as I have very little experience with JDE or even ERP systems in general. Circumstances have dropped the in-house support on my lap, with zero previous experience, and I've only been at it since the beginning of the year, when we went live with 9.0.
My specific question has to do with Insight Reporting software. As the in-house JDE support, we have contracted CNC support, and our developer has been a god-send in taking care of all of the post-go-live issues we've seen. A large portion of the issues we've seen are users requesting additional functionality in reports, or new reports to match what they had in the previous system. My lead recently brought this to me...
http://www.insightsoftware.com/products/reporting
I'd love to know if anyone has any experience with it, and if so, is it a viable, usable addition? Is it really worth introducing an entire new program to take some of the load off our poor developer?
For specifics, we're running EnterpriseOne, v9.0, and went live in early Jan. If any other information would help, feel free to let me know, and I'll find it.
Thanks for your time.
EHendricks

Hi EHendricks,
we are implementing Jasper Reports integration at differtent customers sites.

Software is free and opensource and if you want you can go to commercial edition too.

It's easy to integrate into enetrpriseone (we have some out of the box jde applications to demostrate the concept).

The reporting tool (IReport) is very easy and the platform is very powerful.

We are planning to provide a public Proof Of Concept using our published JDE Instance at http://jde2.demo.gninformatica.com/jde/E1Menu.maf

user: DEMOEN
pwd: GNDEMO02

Regards

Bruno Condemi

Probably the easiest reporting tool I have used is Reportsnow. We have HR staff writing their own reports and the administration is unbelieveably simple.

Reportsnow is not so big on the graphics (charts, etc) but for just pulling information out of the ERP system its excellent.

Malcolm

I can’t give you a lot of specifics because I’m not personally involved with Insight but I can tell you we use it HEAVILY in our company. Were 811 SP1, 8.98.3.3, IBM i 7.1.

We looked at ReportsNow and Insight and went with Insight. It's a great reporting tool, easy to use, install and upgrade. Insight is very responsive from a support perspective which is important. Took a load off the developer and put the power in the users hands to get the data they need in the format they want. Does charts, graphs, pivots, etc.. Complicated "canned" reports can be developed within E1 using if you want but the day to day ad hoc stuff is best left with the users.

Excellent tool, I highly recommend it.

Cheers to you for looking at a third party reporting solution.
My predjudice against using JDE's Report Development Application (RDA) for reporting is well documented. RDA has its place but not as a reporting tool - way too slow and limited in functionality.

You almost can't go wrong with any of BI solutions that have JDE specific support available. There are a number of them. If you really want see them all and do some hands-on goto the Collaborate conference in April (Las Vegas).

Good Luck,

Hello,

I am responsible for Insight support at my company as well as JDE CNC.. I would be happy to speak with you over the phone to answer any questions you may have. We use pretty much every module they have as well as the scheduler. We currently use the latest version available. If you'd like to speak, please send me a private message via JDEList with your contact info, and I will get back to you.

One thing about insight, it's pretty costly. The licensing is expensive.

Matthew

Back