How can I identify which JDE modules are being used in E8.12?

vasoov

Hi group, I have this customer who is using E8.12 but has no idea as to what modules (financials, distribution, manufacturing, etc.) his staff/developers are using.

Is there any UBE/fastpath/trick which can show me which modules are in use, or have been accessed over the past few months. Thanks in advance.

V,

There are a couple ways to get an 'assumption' of what they are using...

You can query the submitted jobs for a count of each report run in the last XX Days/Months/Years.... It sort of depends how far back they keep their list of submitted jobs. Reports are, typically, R##something - where the ## represents the Module...

Their DBA can provide a Record Count of every table on the system. Tables are typcally F##something - where ## represents the module. If a table has a lot of records - it can be assumed that it 'might' be being used. Note - there are system defined tables, so you do want your DBA to target the Business Oriented tables, only.

Two cents, onto my path to affording a single can of Mt. Dew...

(db)

Depending on the database, you might want to think about putting a custom trigger on the F983051 - the versions table. Have every SELECT statement trigger a write to a custom table with the information that was being used to select from the F983051 together with the system date. Depending on the platform, you will be able to get the application, version and user ID for every program run on the system. I've implemented something like this when customers haven't been sure what functionality they've been using to help with a later upgrade to ensure scope was correctly set.

Back