tsnname.ora THIRD PARTY

Amien

Well Known Member
Hi :
I have a web client (OAS 10.1.3.1) my database is SQL server 2005
now i want install the third party client, i execute the file "OH4A103_setup.exe" (/JDEDWARDS/E900/OneWord Client Install/ThirdParty/WebDevFeature/OH4A103_setup.exe)
i get information error tnsname.ora not found .

You need a tnsnames.ora file in /JDEDWARDS/E900/OneWord Client Install/ThirdParty/WebDevFeature/JDBC

Thank you ebearman
but what data i fill it? (my database is sql server)

Just ignore the error. Its a warning message in case you're an oracle customer as a part of the install. Once installed the OC4J, test it by logging into the fat client and click "Tools/EnterpriseOne Menu" to make sure that its working.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Just ignore the error. Its a warning message in case you're an oracle customer as a part of the install. Once installed the OC4J, test it by logging into the fat client and click "Tools/EnterpriseOne Menu" to make sure that its working.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is the second show error when i click NEXT 2/2

Attachments

• 175394-2_2.png
    175394-2_2.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 65
There is the first show message eroor in attachment "A tnsnames.ora file was not found..."

My instance HTML is in Enterprise Server, I use OAS 10.1.3.1
Where I place this TNSNAMES.ORA and my JDK???"

Attachments

• 175599-1_2.png
    175599-1_2.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 61

[/ QUOTE ]

alt quark :
But when i ignore the error, nothing happens.
I can access with a web client but in fat client when i click "Tools/EnterpriseOne Menu" i receive this error "No local web solution for HTML engine installed. operation faiked"

You need a tnsnames.ora file in /JDEDWARDS/E900/OneWord Client Install/ThirdParty/WebDevFeature/JDBC

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi :
What is the containing of tnsname.ora in case i'm using SQL SERVER
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Amien,

If you are using SQL Server, the tnsnames.ora file must exist but can be an empty file.

-Ethan

Back