E810 upgrade to V5R4 - min & max tools releases

babs

Hello all

Can anyone tell me what the min and max tools releases are for V8.10 on V5R4 - non-web? It seems min is 8.95 but I cannot find a definitive answer on max before web is forced...not having much luck on the Oracle site...very confusing! We are upgrading to V5R4 and are currently on 8.94 so we need to do a TR and I am trying to determine how far we can go on the TR side without going to web.

Also, am I missing something on the Oracle site - I thought there would be a simple matrix for OS, Apps and TR.

Many thanks to anyone who can give me a straight answer on this one!

...babs

Try the Oracle Product Features link from the upgrade page:
http://www.upgradejde.com/resources.htm

Choose the Compare Releases tab. Comparing between Tools 8.94 and something higher gives you a list of what happened at which tool level. That's the closest to a simple matrix I've seen.

Not sure about forced web for users, but 8.97 requires Server Manager not SAW for administration.

The maximum Tools Release supported for 8.10 is 8.98.1.4. 8.10 is the last version where the fat client is supported for normal user use. With 8.11 and above, the web client is mandatory for normal users.

Thanks Ken, so I can go to 8.10 is 8.98.1.4 without having to use the web client?

Thanks for your help on this.

we were on 8.10 with V5R4 running TR 8.96. We recently upgraded the OS to V6R1 during which time we also upgraded the TR to 8.98.1.4. Like Ken said, that's the last supported TR for 8.10 and you can still deploy to our fat clients, but if I were you I would go ahead and start exploring using the web. You can always set WebSphere up on a Windows machine and spin up a JAS server for limited use/testing.

Thanks xiseesxis

8.10 on V6R1 with 8.98.1.4 - perfect! Decision was made yesterday to go to this config and buy some OS support time. I would be interested in talking to you to discuss any issues/gotchas you ran into if you don't mind.

I am in Ontario, Canada (EST) if you can email me your number and a time that is good for you to talk I would like to call you.

Or if there were no issues (would be nice!) just post so!

...thanx...babs

Back