Auditing for several pathcodes/environments

alch

Hi,
Does anybody have several active audited pathcodes/environments? Oracle support says that only one pathcode/environment can be actively audited. According to Oracle having two simultaneously audited environments can cause data corruption. I am a bit confused with this explanation as the auditing is done by database triggers; how triggers in different libraries/schemas can interfere with each other? At least you should not have any issues if your PD and PY tables are on different DB/logic servers.
I thought about creating new SystemPY datasource having its own F95XXXX tables on a different non-PD database server.
Does anybody have several active audited pathcodes/environments? What was your approach?
Thanks.

Alch

I just went through this. We had some tables in PD setup through CFR 21 for a couple years now. We had a reqeust to setup some more so I set them up in DV and then after testing I disabled the CFR auditing in DV and, poof, my PD audited tables are no longer getting the header records written to the F950000x tables. Since the triggers are still there in Prod the details of the audited files are still getting written to the A tables but we used the header table for our reports so we had to scramble and rewirte some. Oracle is telling me that I now have to recreate all the audit table definitions. I'm going to try a few other ways first to fix it before I go down that road.

So to answer your question, yes, you can only have one path code at a time enabled for auditing. I have not tried your idea of separating the F950000X tables though. That may work.

I am a bit optimistic because for two months we had auditing enabled on two environments: I could not disable the auditing in PY and at the same time activated the auditing in QA (custom environment) on a different server. The system tables were the same. Everything worked fine. Really, when I finally disabled the auditing in PY the analysts started complain that they needed auditing to test their configurations, etc...
The system is close to yours V7R1, 8.98.4.2, E900

Are the environments in the same path code? I think the issue is with having auditing on for two different path codes. Either way, I try to avoid using the CFR functionality if I can.

Every environment (PY and QA) have their own pathcodes.
I think that having a separate datasource for F95000XX tables will help. We'll see
smile.gif

All

Yes, Its possible to have Audit enabled for multiple pathcode as well as on different environment on same path code.

I have this in my organisaztion and its been running smoothly for couple of years now.

Basically auditing is putting triggers at Database level. There are some config within E1 too, but that minimal.

We also have audit turned on for some security table that is shared accross all the environments. This is very tricky solution and I had to work pretty hard to get this working.

Jaise

Back