WAS 7.0 loses database connection after TR upgrade

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi,

I am upgrading tools 8.96 to 8.98.4 in an all windows 2k8, SQL Server E812 environment. The PY servers are separate from the PD servers.
I cannot apply tools 8.98.4 to production because I have the following problem: The WAS 7.0 PY812 instance loses database connection every 48 hours or so. I get this message in the WAS log:

Error: "No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): connect. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port."

When this happens I cannot even reset the WAS instance via SM, I have to reboot the server.
Users connect ok, work ok, but after some uptime (48 hours??) the WAS instance loses connection to the database sever. That is, it loses connection to the System Datasource, which is on the PD database server. PY and DV datasources are on a different server which does not have this problem.

I checked all the obvious, firewall, SQL Server connection limits, etc. So far I was not able to solve the problem.

Any ideas anybody ?

Thanks, Gerd

Yes Colin,
that document describes pretty much what I am seeing.
Thanks a lot. I will apply it tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks, Gerd

I had the same problem with WAS 6.1 - the fix 1050348.1 referenced before resolved it. Check the # system handles in Task Manager to see if the value is high. If so, the fix should work for you.

I applied the fix as per 1050348.1 . The services came up fine after that and so far no problem. I'll have to wait a couple of days though to be sure that the problem is really fixed.
Thanks Colin and Clark.

Have a nice weekend all !

Back