package Build Issue (asking for Password)

bwilkinson

bwilkinson

Well Known Member
I have an issue where when i try and do package builds its asking for DB passwords like 40 or 50 times. This started about a month ago when itried to do a package build and I ignored it (yea I know) but I just needed to do another build and just about had to site there and wait for it to pop up and key in the password every time it poped up.

it only happens during the build every day use has not been affected.

[ QUOTE ]
I have an issue where when i try and do package builds its asking for DB passwords like 40 or 50 times. This started about a month ago when itried to do a package build and I ignored it (yea I know) but I just needed to do another build and just about had to site there and wait for it to pop up and key in the password every time it poped up.

it only happens during the build every day use has not been affected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brian,

Take a look at your ODBCs. There is probably one that is set incorrectly. I would venture that it is a datasource for Central Objects that is tripping you up.

- Gregg

Hi Greg,

I tried going into the Windows ODBC manager and i retyped all of the passwords for the Central object - * i then rebooted and got the same results so i did a little testing and this is what i got.

I am doing this on my Deployment Server.
Logging in as JDE
Logging in to Deploy environment

as soon as I try and log in I get the DB login for System - B7334
so i canceled out of the login

Ran Windows ODBC manager and retyped the password for System - B7334

tried to logon again and this time it worked.

so i rebooted to make sure it works.

as soon as i log in i get teh DB logon again but as soon as i go into odbc and retype it the login works.

I tried this a few times and its the same everytime.

"as soon as I try and log in I get the DB login for System - B7334

so i rebooted to make sure it works."

Well that tells you where the problem is. You could try deleting and recreating that data source. Something is obviously corrupt with it.

- Gregg

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Greg,
I tried going into the Windows ODBC manager and i retyped all of the passwords for the Central object - * i then rebooted and got the same results so i did a little testing and this is what i got.
I am doing this on my Deployment Server.
Logging in as JDE
Logging in to Deploy environment
as soon as I try and log in I get the DB login for System - B7334
so i rebooted to make sure it works.
as soon as i log in i get teh DB logon again but as soon as i go into odbc and retype it the login works.
I tried this a few times and its the same everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

T have same problem and i now what is o problem : is the bad configuration of data source when you create "Installation Plan" in the "Database Instance and ODBC Data Source Name"; See the image in attachement.
I hope it will help.

Best regards

Attachments

• 174626-data source.png
    174626-data source.png
    57 KB · Views: 63
Hi Gregg,

I took your advice and deleted the ODBC entry for SYSTEM - B7334 and recreated it and it seems to have fixed the issue.

I did three reboots and no problems logging in and I currently have a package build going with no issues.

When I posted this problem I thought it was going to be a setup issue in JDE never thought it could be a bad ODBC entry as I never had one do that before.

Thanks for the assist.

Back