Work with Business Data for years...

Milton Suarez V.

Milton Suarez V.

Hi gurus.
I have a requirement from a client, the need work between years in business data in a single database, for example userA can work between year A to B, userB can work between B to C, userC can work with all data, etc.

I have 2 questions.
1.- ¿this is possible by security?
2.- ¿I must have some special consideration?

Best Regards

Milton

Hi Milton,

I'd use a reporting tool to setup reports by year and only grant the user to their assigned year.

I'd assume the prior years would be closed anyway, so I don't think any updates would need to be done?

I know the G/L date defaults to not allow row security, so I don't think that would be a good route... there would be a lot of work involved and depending on the request, might not be worth it.

Another idea is to create an environment for each year, but that would be a bit of work too.

Good luck!

You should be able to accomplish this with row security based on FY fields. I think that you will need to work to determine which fields on which tables will be necessary to accomplish your goal. If you only care about the G/L side and not the transaction side then that would reduce the number of tables that you need to take into consideration.

1. You can use Row Security to restrict roles (that include users A & B) to view only specific years (periods).
2. Users A & B will not be able to edit/post business data. User C will.

Hi patrick, I like your idea,going to research how do it.

Regards

Hi erpfun.
another environment is the great idea, but here they need in the same environment.

Regards.

Back