Tabular drill down

schmidma

Hi,

I have a tabular drill down section. Works well for one user, but not more than one.

When a user clicks on a field in a PDF it simply passes in the UBE name, version, section, row and column - this means that there is no uniqueness outside of version - the same version could be run by two different users, and the user who went last essentially 'overrides' the first users data... even worse, the first user clicks on his field expecting to see his numbers, but instead he sees the second users numbers.... gah!

Said another way:(This means if two users run the same version but change the data selection (ie change the outputted data) then the first user loses their drill down functionality. In fact it appears worse than that, JDE simply just displays the most recently run versions results to the the first user, even though those numbers don't correspond at all.)

Can someone else confirm? Simply run a normal drill down UBE for say company A or business unit A, and then run the same UBE and version for company B or business unit B (I assume this will change the financial data output) - go back to the first UBE that you ran, and click on a financial number - you should see the numbers don't match.

If anyone has a work around for this I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers
Matt

JDE: E900
TR: 8.98.22

PS: It appears the insert into the F83UI001 is in the tools release as there is no code in the tabular report that does this. The only code that exists relating to the drill down is in the auditor event on the tabular section which lets you specify the application, sec/row/col as a reference... I believe this is used to build up the URL in the PDF (but has nothing to do with the insert in to the F83UI001).

Back