BIP Question

jdeuser05

I am new to BIP. Our business support multiple BU's and we are currently using create!form to generate the documents. I would like to know how does BIP supports multiple layout per report. I would like to get one template used by multiple location. DO i need to define that one RD per template. ?

Hi,

You can leave the version part blank and make the RD available for all the versions of report.. and also you can design any/many layouts as per your requirement. BI has made such things very simple.. If you can design in msword, u can get such an output..
grin.gif

Hi jdeuser05

Your question is a bit vague. Are you saying that each BU will require a different layout?

The standard way to do this would be to create a separate version of the UBE for each BU, and then link each version to a different RD. Each RD can then contain the template for that particular BU.

However, if you're saying that you want to create only one version of the UBE for all BUs (and consequently only one RD), but have that generate separate layouts for each BU, then this can also be done.

Either:

1. If all the layouts are roughly similar, but only a few parts are different, then you could create one template, but surround the variable text with an If statement and End If (or Choose) around the area of text/logo etc that needs to conditioned on the selected BU values.

You could also develop variations of this technique using sub-templates.

2. Alternatively, you could create multiple templates, but ensure that each template only selects the records for that particular BU. You can do this in the for-each over your main driving section by specifying an XPATH after the section name, eg:

<font color="blue"><?for-each@section:On_Payment_Terms_S3[CostCenter_ID242=" 30"]?></font>

Then, assign all the templates to the one RD that is linked to your version.

Dave

Back