Only header part of the report is available in XML

adamodar

adamodar

Could you please tell me when JDE publishes partial XMLs? in my case, the XML generated is not complete.. only the page header part of the xml is generated(2KB only).. I used jdeLaunchUBEEx2 to call a BI report from an application.. I tried calling the PDF version of the same report and it was working as expected.. but when I tried calling the BI Version, only the page header part of the report is getting generated in XML.. I checked in Debugger and the entire report is getting executed.. Also when I call this version thru BV, the XML is simply perfect..

Please note that currently I'm workin on my local system and not server, that's why XML is getting generated.. I was runnin this on server but at that time the BI Version job is running into error.. the PDF Version works just fine.. I use E 9.0 toolset 8.98..

I had faced such an issue before, but that time my template was not getting validated.. compatibility issue b/w BI 11 and BI 10 (Macro not compatible).. But this time no such issue exists and also my template is getting validated properly..

I have also attached a copy of the XML for your reference..

Attachments

• 174086-R5900208_TESTVER01_D120103_T204415432.xml.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 87
Hi Dave,

I had a "set user selection" for 'document number' < 0 in my driver section. I had conditionaly used this to avoid the population of work file (basically skip the do section).. I disabled the set user selection and BI started working properly.. I'm still trying to find out the root cause.. and will let you know when i get a lead..
smile.gif

Your article was most helpful.. I didn't have any clue on how to debug an RD.. Thank you..

Back