PO and Web

FreddyFrancis

FreddyFrancis

Well Known Member
Hi List,

When i submit a report froma fat client to the Ent svr, the report run normal . WHen i say that I mean , that if there is PO value set to BLANK , it would print out as PROOF and when set as 1 , it would come out as FINAL

When the same report when run from the web environment , it would always come with PROOF, no matter what the PO is set to.

Egen of the objects.

We are still on XE , SP23.

any thoughts are welcome.

Hi,

We are on Xe SP23 like you, and can't tell how many times we met issues with PO with web client.
Here are some questions :
1 - did you try to generate again the report and the PO object with the egenerator ?
2 - Is it a standard JDE UBE or is it a custom one ? Did you add any new items on your PO recently ?

Because the main issues i met were :
- incorrect html spec
- a known issue if you add a data item on your PO that is already used. It makes the PO having unexpected behaviour.

Several years ago, we developed a kind of custom PO in order to :
- avoid everyone seeing and changing PO of UBE and forms
- assign processing options to a bunch of versions using the prefix of version name (for instance an option for all our FRxx version that are french versions, and another option for UKxx versions, etc)
- assign options accepting a list of values

For that we created a custom table with :
Program ID, prefix (2 digits), version name, POCode, POValue, Description
Then we created a simple form to search/update/add values of the table, and a business function where you input Program, version, PoCode and you get the POValue with the following rules : first look if an option exists for the exact version, if not, search with the prefix, if not exists, look with the program name, and if not exists with a programm name '*ALL'

And sometimes, because we couldn't solve a PO issue in web (that was never getting the value), we used our custom PO, and never had any issue with it whether in web or fat client.

Back