Tools 9.1 Issues

jdel6654

VIP Member
I haven't found a discussion for the topic E1 9.1 Tools installation. It seems like there should be one on JDELIST.

The problem I have been having is that I have installed the deployment server update and, for whatever reason, several apps in planner no longer will launch. For example, Software Updates (P96470) refuses to open up any more. It seems like I remember this issue before but I can't remember how I fixed it. I enter P96470 in fast path and nothing happens. Some other dep server apps open but they give an error "Unable to retrieve BLC spec" for the app.

Is anyone else having problems opening up apps on TR 9.1 Dep Server (Windows 2K8 server SP1)?

Our client never experienced any issues with the deployment server. They have been on Tools 9.1.0 since October.

I just figured it out. This happened to me once before.

If you don't install the Planner ESU in the right sequence relative to the tools update installation, this can be a problem. I installed the tools release prior to the planner esu and the tools esu. As a result the planner ESU was not installed to both System folders.

I reinstalled the planner and tools esus and that took care of my problem.

I have another problem. I installed TR 9.1 over my E1 9.00 installation. On deployment server I upgraded my compiler from .NET 2005 to .NET 2010 (uninstalled 2005 and installed 2010). After this I installed Deployment TR and planner ESU(only run exe file).
When I login to JDEPLAN or DEP900 environment if a launch an application I receive error unable to load cinstall dll.
I login (alway on deployment) to DV900, PY900, PS900 or PD900 this problem doesn't occur.

In your opinion where is the problem? I made error uninstalling and reinstalling compiler? Or planner ESU didn't update correctly Planner pathcode on deployment?
thanks
gg

It's probably some VC RTL SP issue - try installing VC redistributables with the latest SP, for both 2008 & 2010..

[ QUOTE ]
It's probably some VC RTL SP issue - try installing VC redistributables with the latest SP, for both 2008 & 2010..

[/ QUOTE ]

I installed 2010 + SP1
If it's a Run Time Library problem I excpect errors on all deployment environment (JDEPLAN, DEP900, PY900 and so on).
However I'll try to install RTL for 2010
thanks

2010 + SP1 should have taken care of this, but you may still need RTL 2008 SP1, I think...

I had the same exact problem when I went to VS 2008. I installed the RTL fix and that solved the CINSTALL.dll error.

As it turns out, there was a 2nd problem in that the InProcessJVMHome had to be repointed to the client folder's copy of jvm.dll.

I don't recall this being noted anywhere on the support site.

I installed before RTL 2008 SP1 without success and then RTL 2010 SP1 always without success.
Every time I installed RTL a reinstalled both planner ESU and deployment TR. I have always the same problem. Connecting to jdeplan and dep900 environment I receive error about cinstall, connecting to other environment I don't receive error
gg

In a situation with Deployment Server Windows 2008 R2, EnterpriseOne 9.0.2 with TR 8.98.4.6. Visual Studio 2005 + SP1.
Which are correct steps to update Deployment software to TR 9.1.0.1? Considering upgrade .NET, upgrade RTL and so on.
Thanks in advance
gg

I solved my problem installing secuity patch for Run Time Library of .NET 2005 SP1
gg

Great! This 2005 SP1 was a bit too far back to really be expected, but it did look like a RTL issue from the beginning, so you did good to persist!

Hi

We are in the process of installing tools release 9.1.
We need to upgrade windows server 2003 to 2008, VC ++ 2005 to 2008/10.

Would you be able to guide if just uninstalling VC ++ 2005 and installing VC ++ 2008SP1 or 2010 SP1 work?

Wouldnt it affect DS.
Please guide.

Dev

Back