User Count per Module?

millsh

We are currently in the process of re-negotiating our maintenance contract with Oracle and they are asking for the number of users per module. For example 10 users use the Financials Module; 20 users use the Sales Order Management Module, etc. Does anyone know of a way to get this information? I know I can use the security tables to identify which users have access to which programs. But I'm not sure how to easily determine which program is in which module? Has anyone else been through this exercise? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Harold

Going through a few licensing audits with Oracle, they usually query the transaction tables to get a count of the number of people actually using the system. Each table usually has fields at the end of the table structure to record the user profile, update date, and update time.

If you query your transaction tables for the user ID field, for anything recorded in the last calendar year, that should give you a good idea of what Oracle is asking for.

If you don't know which those are, they usually end in 11, i.e. F0911, F4211, F4311, F0411, etc.

Ken,

Thanks very much for the information. We eventually ended up with Oracle sending us scripts to do this. I was not able to determine exactly what the scripts were doing, so this information is still helpful.

Thanks again,

Harold

Hi Harold,
is possibile for you to share these scripts?
I've an audit in the next months and I was not able to retrieve them in order to check all is ok.

Thank you in advance,
Jary

Back