do I need package build after makin any changes to the Right Hand side value data selection

kamruzzaman

do I need package build after makin any changes to the Right Hand side value data selection

Hi All,

I just want to know that do I need a package build after making changes in RHS value of data selection in report.

Actually changes are reflecting to all the PCs but in the scheduler version its not reflecting.

Thanks
Kamruzzaman Ansari

Re: do I need package build after makin any changes to the Right Hand side value data selection

I have experienced that issue as well. I resolved the problem by building and deploying an update package, so I say "yes" to your question.

Re: do I need package build after makin any changes to the Right Hand side value data selection

You can "Submit Version Specs" instead of a package build. I have found in E8.11 that sometimes is not enough, that you have to actually submit the version to run 1 time, but Submit Version Specs should be all it takes on any release. I also have a ERP8 installation where that is all it takes. The thing about it, if you don't check-in the version changes, then if you ever do a full package build and deploy, it will revert to whatever was last checked in. At least, I believe that is true, as I have never tested it. I do know that a new version that is created in BV and never checked in will be lost in that scenario. So, I have always checked it out, made the change, checked it in, then submitted version specs. Of course, the package build will not hurt anything, if you want to do that. As a CNC, the most common place I use Submit Version Specs is when a user runs a scheduled version of a UBE, and changes the Data Selection, which changes it for scheduler. So, I just submit version specs for the version and it reverts them to the correct data selection for scheduler.

Back