Server Manager

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there
I noticed that our server manager instance for PD is stop and when i start it gives me any error called JAVA invoke start application error. It does not start.

I will appreciate you help on this.

Thanks
AD

Here is the full message

Exception invoking method startApplication : Failed to start the application 'JDEWEB01_HTML_8091_PD812' in server 'WebSphere Instance:JDEWEB_WAS, Profile: Dmgr01, jdewebCell01/jdewebNode01/JDEWEB01_WAS_8091_PD812'. : Unable to start the application server 'WebSphere Instance:JDEWEB_WAS, Profile: Dmgr01, jdewebCell01/jdewebNode01/JDEWEB01_WAS_8091_PD812'.
Failure during invoke:invoke(, , start) javax.management.MBeanException : Exception invoking method startApplication

I would plan on doing a reboot of that server this weekend. Sounds like Java is hosed up.

Thanks That worked.

I thought there is a shortcut. I tried restartihng SM agent but did not help. I believed there were some dependencies which worked after restart.

No, there are no dependencies. I have noticed, however, that there are versions of 8.98 where the Java process does not stop, even when the Server Manager request is issued, or even when the SM Agent service is stopped.

You have to go to Task Manager, and manually kill java.exe, before you can start SM Agent again.

The solution is simple as above suggested to restart servers both web/db should resolve the issue.

thanks

[ QUOTE ]
The solution is simple as above suggested to restart servers both web/db should resolve the issue.
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but not for me, it doesn't work.

Back