Vertex Canadian payroll

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there
We know that the vertex update will be avaible on Dec 16, 2011 for canadian payroll. I just wondering do we need to have any ESU to apply afterward or before vertex update?

I believe we need year end ESU in jan/feb time not now.

Thanks
AD

I don't know if Canadian timelines are the same as the U.S. but we have to have our W-2s out by January 31st, which means year end updates need to be installed first. There are baseline ESUs required before that can be installed, but you can see that on Oracle's web site.

You don't say what version of Vertex payroll you're running and whether you plan on taking just the data update or a program update. If you're just taking a data update, you won't need an ESU.

Thanks Janice

Our T4 needs to go out before Feb 28, and yes i know that we need to take the year end ESUs like yours.

Our user just want to test the tax calculation and for them i need to update vertax data, as our program for vertax is 2.9.8 and dont required us to update the program but just data.

Thanks for the answer.

AD

If you're just doing a data update you'll be fine. I installed one this week that has some January calculations on it and had no problem.

Thanks Janice
I assume that vertex update is not environment specific which means if we apply means apply to DV,PY and PD?
Thanks
AD

Janice

Do you know which application or table i need to look to make sure the rates are applied properly after update the vertex data?

Thanks
AD

You can't see the rate table from JDE. I don't know what kind of Enterprise server you have, but you should be able to look at the table in the Vertex directory and see what date it was last updated. We have an iSeries and the Vertex update program specifically tells us if it was successful when each step of the update process is run.

Back