AS400 Print Job Stays in "Sending to remote system..." Status Won't Print Off Remote IP defined Printer

tiradoj

tiradoj

Well Known Member
AS400 Print Job Stays in \"Sending to remote system...\" Status Won\'t Print Off Remote IP defined Printer

Hello JDE Techies

I have a client with an OUTQUEUE defined with writer to print off a Canon Image Runner 3245 printer using the 'raw' protocol and using an IP address.

When trying to print the spooled file from the defined outqueue to the remote printer, it never gets out of the "Sending to remote system...? status--in other words the spooled data never gets to the printer.

The message on as400 from doing a "wrkjob outq_name" is

'TCP3427 The remote host system rejected the open attempt. This may have occurred because the remote host does not have ports available for use or does not support TELNET.'

I can't telnet to the 9100 port on printer from the as400 which is probably the first issue that needs to be addressed. The telnet session/connection attempt also hangs. I have to do a SysRqst and "2" to kill connect attempt.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Re: AS400 Print Job Stays in \"Sending to remote system...\" Status Won\'t Print Off Remote IP defined Printer

Well I fixed it not sure how but it MAY have been by getting LPD running on the printer itself.

Back