Posting journals - $X limits

nij

The auditing department in our company is recommending that $X limits are placed on the amount that financial users can post.

How can this be achieved in JDE EnterpriseOne?

Thanks

Nigel

Method 1:
Run GL by Business Unit, or some other transactional report, setting data selection to pick up records matching your limits - ie > $10,000 or < $10,000.

Once transactions have been identified, they can easily be voided if they were entered in error.

Method 2:
Turn on batch control and setup batch posting security. This will require specified users to approve batches before they get posted.

I go along with Boris': Method 2:
Turn on batch control and setup batch posting security.

A few years ago in response to a SOX audit I was asked to setup security for pretty much the same type of thing. method 2 was good enough for the auditors. However, running the suggested report (method 1) may be a good thing for the appover prior to using method 2!

[ QUOTE ]
I go along with Boris': Method 2:
Turn on batch control and setup batch posting security.

A few years ago in response to a SOX audit I was asked to setup security for pretty much the same type of thing. method 2 was good enough for the auditors. However, running the suggested report (method 1) may be a good thing for the appover prior to using method 2!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm thinking the same thing - method 2 seems best. The only issue is that both methods have a time impact on the business to execute. We have very limited time and resources at month end as it is, without needing to add to it, but we do have to keep auditing happy.

[ QUOTE ]
Method 1:
Run GL by Business Unit, or some other transactional report, setting data selection to pick up records matching your limits - ie > $10,000 or < $10,000.

Once transactions have been identified, they can easily be voided if they were entered in error.

Method 2:
Turn on batch control and setup batch posting security. This will require specified users to approve batches before they get posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Boris for your suggestions - they are very helpful.

Back