Get OUTPUT FILE NAME AT RUNTIME

PauloDarte

Hello.
Before i post i read some information in metalink and i know how the rd pdf output name is created.
Its Something like this:

R0006P_XJDE0001_EN_248_114_JDE93_EN-US_BLANKRTF_2.pdf

R0006P_ -> This is the Report Name

XJDE0001_ -> This is the Report Version

EN_ -> Report output generated language

248_ -> This is the E1 job number from F986110->jcjobnbr, which will match record in F9563110->rjjobnbr

114_ -> This is the Report Definition output job number from F9563110->rjrpdjbnbr

JDE93_ -> Constant JDE followed by what appears to be a counter. The counter is constant for all interactions of the same report definition. This is not controlled by E1.

EN-US_ -> Template region and language as specified in P95600.

BLANKRTF_ -> Template name as specified in P95600

2 -> This seems to represent a counter, it is incremented each interaction of the bursting.

.pdf -> Output type. Can be PDF, XML, XLS, RTF, HTML, etc.

Actually i have one driver that calls my rd report and i know the job number of my rd report. My problem is that i want to save the name of the file generated by xml publisher in one table before my driver report finish. this is possible? the .pdf file is only saved after my driver finish. exists any possibility to have the .pdf file saved in the location that i defined in JDE.INI before my driver finish? if yes and since i have the jobnumber i can search , using a bsnf , for something like REPORT_VERSION_JOBNUMBER*
AND get the full name of the file.

Tks in advance

No, because it is only after a UBE driver finishes that a message is sent to BIPub kernel to publish... it is done asynchronously.

Back