Win7 and TR 8.97.2.1

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
JDEList,

It has come to crunch time for us now as we are deploying Win7 64 and IE 9 soon. I need to make sure that the users can access JDE from Win7 64 and IE 9 and that we can use the Admin/Development fat client on Win7 64 too. We plan to upgrade to E1 9 (2nd Half?) next year, but the deployment of Win7 64 and IE 9 will be happening a lot sooner. I know that this is not supported in the MTRs.

I need to know what to do to get web access from win7 64 running IE9 to work, including export/import from/to JDE grids? I also need to get the Fat Development/Admin clients working on Win7 64. I know the fall back position is to use XP mode on Win7, but I'm not sure if the 64 bit will impact running JDE in XP mode.

If anyone has got any of the above working, please let me know how you have done it. Any advice would be appreciated. Our config is as follows:

Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.11 sp1
Tools release 8.97.2.1,
Enterprise Server: Sun Solarus
Database: Oracle 10.2
Web Application Server: Websphere 6 on Win2K3.
Forms: Create!form Server 3/Server 6

Peter,

We are on E1 9.0, with TR 8.98.3.1 in production, and we still can't run JDE reliably on IE 9. While it's a good thing to keep current on various software/hardware components, these efforts should be coordinated with all software affected. Going forward without realizing the business impact is a ready-fire-aim approach, and will be a support nightmare for you. If this decision is out of your control, I do feel for you, and hope you're ready to put out a lot of fires; if you do have a say, I'd recommend having these updates wait until after you are at E1 9.0 AND when Oracle officially support IE 9.0.

Don (and anyone else),

Could you please expand/explain on the issues you have faced and what you did to resolve or mitigate the problems.

I would like to go into this situation as well informed as possible and to minimize any problems likely to be experienced by our users. So any help, heads up, information and recommended actions you provide will be very greatly appreciated.

Peter,

I actually found a computer this morning with IE9 on it (a non-JDE user), and logged into JDE. The menu displays correctly, and applications open up correctly. The problem comes with trying to add an attachment. The ActiveX control will not install on the IE9 client, so I cannot create any text attachments. There is no workaround that I am aware of, thus we don't allow IE9 on our computers. Hope this helps.

Well, this is a surprise, considering the comments I have read about E1 working with Win7-64 and IE9.

I have just been playing with the E1 8.11sp1 TR 8.97.2.1 web client on Win7-64 (Enterprise) and IE9. Everything I tested works.

ActiveX controls (jdewebctlsU.ocx and jdeexpimpU.ocx) installed and working. Logon, inquire, export to Excel 2010 and Word 2010, attach text to document all work.

I haven't tested importing or updating.

Note: When attaching a Word file, a window appeared with options (for the attached file) to open, save and save as. When open was selected, a security window appeared behind IE (IE appeared to freeze). The security window said "revocation information not available for this site, do you want to proceed?" I clicked yes and the file was opened in Word, it did not appear in the attachment IE window.

Update:

Importing from Excel initially failed, receiving two "HTTP error 400 Bad Request" windows and then the JDE application I was importing into froze. I started another application and then went back to the original and it was OK, though nothing had imported. I tried the import again and it worked.

I also have had this problem, steps to getting it to work vary from each machine which is odd though.

add your E1 site to trusted sites in IE
remove popup blocker
verify that activex installer in services is set to auto.
run IE as administrator

problems I have are IE shortcuts to JDE still have the problem.

looking for a perminate fix or an update to resolve these issues.

We are starting to add Win 7 64bit PCs as others are retired. We are running E1 9.0 Tools 8.98.4.1. We found that you need to use the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer, not the 32 bit (x86) version for it to work properly. Also, we enabled compatibility view along with the other IE settings. Hope this helps.

Back