Only one of two app servers see UDC changes

Buck Pyland

I'm having a perplexing problem with one of our app servers. Both are HP/UX 11i servers running E1 Apps 8.10 and Tools 8.93.Q1. The only difference between the two is that one, OWBAT1PD, has UBE queues running, and the other, OWINT1PD, does not. I'm attaching the server INI files for both.

Here's the gist of the problem:
1. We make changes to description 1 or 2 in a UDC.
2. We do this by either the E1 application, an OMW package or straight Oracle SQL.
3. We execute the GetUDC business function to return the UDC descriptions on both app servers.
4. The business function call is done via an XML Call Request either through the Dynamic Java Connector or a utility using xmlinterop.dll.
5. When we execute the business function on OWBAT1PD, we get the updated UDC descriptions. On OWINT1PD, we get the original values.

Is there a way to get OWINT1PD to return the same updated values as OWBAT1PD?

All the documentation I've seen on this issue refers to JAS server. Neither of these servers are JAS servers. Right now, the only fix that works is to restart services on OWINT1PD, but I'm hoping there is a less drastic solution.

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• 172875-ServerINIFiles.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 53
P986116 - Form A (Work With Servers) has a Row Exit to Reset Cache on a selected Server.

Also check out Oracle doc 664721.1
It explains the various options you have in clearing cache, etc.

Tried out the P986116 on our Pre-production server; so far, so good. I'll try it on our Production server in the AM during our maintenance period.

Thanks a bunch.

Back