Package Deployment Problems

jde_x_pert

Well Known Member
I have built a package successfully, and approved the deployment of the package. Now when I click on the "deploy" button, it does not kick off the report to do the deployment.
I have looked at the logs and can't find anything.

Any help would be great.

Try two things
1. Click Activate/Inactivate button then click Deploy button.
Note: Make sure you have selected the Enterpize server.

2. If above does not work then close everything and go to Package build and try deploy from there.

Thanks

jde_x_pert,

Have you made a "duh" mistake? You know, your attention is elsewhere, and you click deploy to deploy a client package instead of a sever package, or you haven't selected the appropriate "child" row to deploy.

Even though you could not see anything in the log (and debug log?), maybe, if you posted them someone else might.

I think I've actually come across such issue in some relatively recent TR, which was just a bug. But I can no longer recall what it was or what I had to do to work around it (I probably used some non-standard approach anyway, like our AUTODEPLOY software)...

I notice from your post that you say that you are on E9
Have you checked that you have active OCM mappings for the R98225D pointing to local for either your user id or *Public
You can always check submitted reports for your default batch server and see if you have a load of these reports there.
Some bright spark in JDE did not include these OCM mappings in JDE in E9.

I would like to think I am not doing something stupid
smile.gif

Attached are the logs and I would appreciate any insight.

Two things that pop out are invalid cursor and a reference "SELECT * FROM SPEC_PDF0804.DBO.F98762PDF0804 WHERE ( BCFNNM = 'CheckUBEStatus' ) " to package PDF0804 which is not the package I am deploying. I am deploying PDF1023F.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 172743-jdedebug_53928_102411.txt
    36.8 KB · Views: 271
jde_x_pert,

... and the problem was ... and the resolution was ...

(For the benefit of future readers and for those of us who are yet to upgrade to E9.)

Yes Peter

I am very curious to know as this happened to me as well.

I believe there are ESUs for fat client or any update will fix this kind of issues. Also some of the screen the menu items on top is cutting off might be fix by the update.

Thanks
AD

Back