Platform Pack Freeze

AlexRO

AlexRO

Well Known Member
Hello all,

I have a problem with the platform pack installer on a oracle linux (Oracle Linux 5 u5 x64) box. This box is intended to be a database server. I've installed the DB software on it, now when I run the platform pack the setup freezes when I press the next button, so I cannot pass the first screen.

In the logs I cannot find anything of interest just this.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
(Oct 17, 2011 7:32:49 AM), Install.product.install, com.peoplesoft.install.ISMP.WizardAction.Variable, msg1, versionString Setting variable to 9.00 (resolved) 9.00
(Oct 17, 2011 7:32:51 AM), Install.product.install, com.installshield.wizardx.conditions.PlatformWizardBeanCondition, dbg.platform, target platform: displayName=;name=Linux;version=2.6.18-164.0.0.0.1.el5xen;arch=i386;parent=
(Oct 17, 2011 7:32:51 AM), Install.product.install, com.installshield.wizardx.conditions.PlatformWizardBeanCondition, dbg.platform, condition platform: displayName=AIX Platform;name=AIX;version=.;arch=.;parent=
(Oct 17, 2011 7:32:51 AM), Install.product.install, com.installshield.wizardx.conditions.PlatformWizardBeanCondition, dbg.platform, target platform: displayName=;name=Linux;version=2.6.18-164.0.0.0.1.el5xen;arch=i386;parent=
(Oct 17, 2011 7:32:51 AM), Install.product.install, com.installshield.wizardx.conditions.PlatformWizardBeanCondition, dbg.platform, condition platform: displayName=Linux Platform;name=Linux;version=.;arch=.;parent=
</pre><hr />

Any info on where I should look is appreciated.

List, I've found my problem. It seems that I had to remove the CD from the drive, because the installer creates a script in the tempdir which collects information of free space on partitions. And the CD = 0 so I could not pass the welcome screen. Kind of stupid. But after the CD was removed I went on with the installation.

Hope someone will find this usefull.

Back