Vertex issues when installed on Linux (RHEL 5)

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Hello,

We are running 8.12 with Tools Release 8.98.3.3 on Redhat Linux 5. What we have been seeing recently is that some versions of UBEs will fail when they access Vertex (we see IPC and various other memory errors). If we disable Vertex and run the jobs, they complete with a "D" status in Submitted Jobs (although the runs are invalid because we need Vertex active). If we run other versions of the same UBE, they finish successfully. This same situation is happening on various UBEs. Has anyone had anything like this happen? What was the resolution? We are on Vertex 3.4.00.04.

Thanks.

I run on windows so can't speak to the OS. But on windows, Vertex is all about DLL registration. I was tring to get an older version to run on Windows 2008 R2. I ended up using process monitor to check which copies of DLLs were getting loaded. My issue was with the Qutil.dll. I also know vertex errors are not very exact. They are like a bad GPS system. They give you an alert after you already missed your turn. Makes you appreiaate the errors in 9.0. Some of the 9.0 errors make me laugh on how exact they are.

Back