Help with Tidal

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Hello, I have recently been given the "opportunity" to have more involvement with our Tidal scheduler. Currently we get alerted if a job fails and have to resubmit them manually. I was wondering if there was a way to have the jobs resubmit once automatically, and then if it fails after that, send us an alert so we can look at the issue. What we are seeing is that if a job fails, 99.9% of the time, it is just a glitch and runs fine after it is resubmitted, but we would like to have this happen automatically...

Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
Hello, I have recently been given the "opportunity" to have more involvement with our Tidal scheduler. Currently we get alerted if a job fails and have to resubmit them manually. I was wondering if there was a way to have the jobs resubmit once automatically, and then if it fails after that, send us an alert so we can look at the issue. What we are seeing is that if a job fails, 99.9% of the time, it is just a glitch and runs fine after it is resubmitted, but we would like to have this happen automatically...

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there is - you can set up a rerun event that will rerun a job X number of times. In my old job, we set up JDE jobs in tidal to have an automatic rerun if they failed. That was a defined event. The event was then added to each job. If the job failed a second time, an alert went to the operators. The instructions in the job told them whether to rerun the job or just call. If it failed again, they called the CNC. Sometimes it was still just a simple rerun. Other times it was something more complex.

The only jobs that we did not have that event defined for were sales update jobs. Those jobs create double entries if run twice.

I would give you screen shots of my Tidal setup but the client that I am am at doesn't use tidal. But you are on the right track.

- Gregg

Back