TR and Oracle database MTR

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
I downloaded from Oracle support EnterpriseOne database MTR. This document explains that Oracle Database 11gR2 is supported with Tool Release 8.98.4.X.
My question is, is Oracle database 10g (10.2.0.4) supported with Tool Release 8.98.4.X? Anyone test this configuration?
thanks in advance
gg

Oracle 10g R2 (10.2.0.4) is listed as supported until July 2013. Until then, it should be supported by every Tools Release currently available.

Unfortunately, the only clients I have on 10.2.0.4 are on Tools Releases lower than 8.98.4, so I can't say I have seen this combination in action.

I believe the OEE that is delivered on the deployment server/fat clients is 10g R2 - so obviously theres no issues at all running that database. The latest last couple of tools releases have the 11g local OEE database upgrade - but 8.98.4.3 didn't have a very good process to do the upgrade (pretty much, oracle turned around and told me to uninstall everything, install 11g OEE first and THEN install JDE !!! Kinda useless !). I believe that the new 8.98.4.4 has a better upgrade for the OEE to 11g for deployment servers and dev machines...

Another questio. And Have you test TR 8.98.4.X Enterprise/web server Windows 2003 or is a better way to migrate Operating System to Win 2008 64 bit?
thanks
gg

Have installed TR 8.98.4.2 on Win2K3. All the servers are on Win2K3. Looks to be pretty stable. DB is Oracle 11g.

Will be upgrading TR of one of our clients to 8.98.4.4 on Win2K3. I am pretty sure there wont be any dramas with OS. Also, I did read somewhere in jdelist that some1 had advised to do the TR upgrade first and then, if you want, upgrade the OS from 2k3 to 2k8.

Max

Back