Copy an Environment to a New Environment

Muhammad

Hi,
I am following Oracle whitepaper "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Copy an Environment to a New Environment" to create our training environment from PY900 environment.

I have followed steps and created JDE_TR900 and JDE_TRN databases and users TR900, TRNCTL, and TRNDTA. Then started Environment Director and filled in all the details. When executed, the environment director is now prompting for passwords of new users RT900, TRNCTL, and TRNDTA. I don't know what are the passwords created by the script ce_InstallSQLDatabase.bat.

Can someone please guide me how to overcome this situation.
Also I am running Environment Director from PY900 and copying to TR900. Is this correct or should I login from some other environment for copying environment. The Oracle white paper does not discuss this detail. Any suggestions, guidelines, documents recommendation is highly appreciated.
Thanks
Muhammad

Hi,

Did you check if logins TR900, TRNCTL and TRNDTA have
been granted access to JDE_TR900 and JDE_TRN databases?

You can reset their passwords to their default values
(login TR900, password TR900; login TRNCTL, password
TRNCTL; login TRNDTA, password TRNDTA) with the
sp_password command (T-SQL command line).

Don't forget to specify what is your current platform.
(JDE, OS and DB)

Thank you Sebastian, I will change passwords.
Should I cancel the current Environment Director operation and start over after changing password?
From which environment should I login? Currently I logged in from PY900 to copy to TR900.
We use JDE 900 on Windows 2003 R2 x86
DB is sql 2005 SE

Hi,

If I were you, I'd leave the Environment Director
finish its operations, then I'd change passwords
and start over.

Why? If you cancel Environment Director right now,
it will freeze for a long time while SQL rolls back
all the Transaction Log activities, that may take
quite a long time.

Finally, I usually launch these processes
from the "origin" environment, it'd be PY900 for you.

Thank you Sebastian, I will follow your advise and update the results here once finished.
Muhammad

Hi Sebastian,
I have followed your advice and the environment copy is now in progress.

One thing i have observed that a progress dialog is showing that data is being copied as:
From Database: Business Data - PY900
To Database: Business Data - TRN
From Environment: PY900
To Environment: PY900

From environment and to environment are coming as same on the progress window which is showing tables/files are being copied. Is this because I had login from PY900 to copy to TR900 or some other reason. I would like to copy PY900 environment to TR900 environment.
Muhammad
From environment PY900 to To Environment PY900 is not making sense

Hi,

I assume you're using R98403 to copy data.
You just have to fill "Origin Data Source" and
"Destination Data Source" (Business Data - TRN and
Business Data - CRP) processing options.

You can ignore Origin and Destination Environment
processing options.

Can you query the number of records on a given table
on both sides? (let's say CRPDTA.F0006)
Is it the same?
Or are they both blank? (zero records)

Thanks Sebastian, you are right.
The number of records in F0006 table on both sides on both sides is same. Program is still running and I think will take couple of hours (may be).

When I had called environment director P989400 and filled in all the details, like the new environment name, which environment to copy from and packages, I did not see processing option for R98403. The R98403 is implicitly called by the P989400.

Back