Data Archiving Tools

Klong

We are running Oneworld Xe on an Oracle database and are looking for an archiving tool. Does anyone have experience with these tools and can either provide a recommendation or some lessons learned on what to watch out for?

Suggest you look at a product called Archivist by Essentio. We have been using this tool now for a few years and we have no hesitation in recommending it. Support is excellent and it works with all JDE databases.

Hi Kevin,

We use Purge-it! from www.klik-it.co.uk as our archiving solution and have been very happy with the product. It's a JDE specific tool (developed in the E1 toolset) so was good at maintaining integrity, something you don't get with more generalised archiving tools.

The product comes as an ASU containing purging and control routines as well as applications which sit over the data files containing the purged data.

We initially used it on XE and have since migrated to E9.

Regards

Neil.

Hi Kevin ... I would suggest ARCTOOLS. We are a partner of thiers (not a customer) and have worked with over 100 customers using the tool over the last 8 years or so. It is JDE specific and used by hundreds of customers. I can send you links to some pre-recorded webinars (including a customer one) and more information if you would like ... there are also video testimonials on our site.

Cheers .... Mike Guerin | President | TeamCain

[ QUOTE ]
Purge-it! from www.klik-it.co.uk as our archiving solution and have been very happy with the product. It's a JDE specific tool (developed in the E1 toolset) so was good at maintaining integrity, something you don't get with more generalised archiving tools.

[/ QUOTE ] Kevin we also chose Purge-it! after "demo-ing" numerous products. Our OYO Geospace IT team recently completed our two 3 hour training sessions conducted by Russell Stainer at Klik-it UK which were very informative and are getting ready for our initial archiving effort. I strongly recommend checking out this product.

I would like more info on ARCTOOLS, if you could provide. Our DB is so large now, that we are getting resistance to a data refresh because of the harddrive space required for non-Production environment. Thanks in advance! You can post here, or email me directly via my jdelist profile. Thanks!

Back